The Special Rapporteur’s factsheet summarizing the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association in the workplace, presented in an easy-to use “yes/no” format, with hyperlinks to source materials.
This factsheet is based on the Special Rapporteur’s 2016 report to the UN General Assembly and features guidance on:
- • The importance of assembly and association rights in the workplace
- • International laws and standards which protect the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association in the workplace
- • States’ responsibility to actively respect, protect, promote, and facilitate the enjoyment of fundamental rights – including labour rights
- • The impact of growing corporate power on workers’ rights
- • Categories of workers most at risk of rights violations, including migrant workers, domestic workers, women and more
- • Examples of violations of workers’ assembly and association rights drawn from the report
- • And more
The factsheet also summarizes selected recommendations from the report and highlights key statistics in a “by the numbers” feature.
For the Special Rapporteur’s full factsheet series, please see: http://freeassembly.net/factsheets/